Was at the Auto Expo yday it was truly amazing how Pragati Maidan has changed over the last 5-6 years. There are a lot of signages ,food-stalls, kiosks now it surely is a better experience. But what hasnt changed is the lack of information for the visitors once inside the PM. We managed to find a few maps giving instructions/directions for various halls- but there were no legends to tell us which hall was housing what brands (e.g. I really wanted to see Dilip Chabbaria’s offerings- but failed to do so).
Opportunity: So I guess anyone wanting to reach out to visitors at any PM fair can do the following:
– take one of these maps that give clear hall #s directions
– Visit the fair the 1st day map the hall #s to the brands etc
– Print this map with your own brand/logo/communication hand out free to all visitors
– If someone had done this- i would have known that Nano was in hall 11, Vintage cars in 12c etc etc i would have carried the branded flyer for full3-4 hrs…enough time for the “brand” its communication to sink in.
Atleast for Auto Expo- i am sure this will get you not just brand visibility but a lot of blessings….coz I could hear so many visitors complaining that they are lost ! I am waiting for the next trade fair that happens here- you would see maps saying- “Which hall has what stall” sponsored by our company..
ADAG has leveraged its customer touchpoints to promote the Reliance Power IPO- including the massive reach of Reliance Communications.They have by default activated the jingle for Reliance Power for ALL of their subscribed customers.
Now each caller to any Reliance number gets to hear “Power on to….” as the default call-back-tune ! Its a brilliant idea which has definitely provided the maximum exposure for minimum cost- but has the customer got a raw deal in the process? Will this mean that everytime a ADAG group company goes to market to raise money- all Reliance callers will hear the jingle. Also will this motivate the other telecom operators (who arent so diversified) to “sell” this media space to agencies advertisers?
I remember hearing about ad jingles being activated for callers to some operators. It wasnt recieved too well primarily coz, explicit consent of the affected individual wasnt sought there was no clear revenue sharing from the sale of this inventory. With increased consumer awareness activism – such “ideas” will need to be packaged much better in the future. But in summary- hats off to the smart kid who came up with this brilliant coup for ADAG !
Never before has there been more frenzy in the strongIndian Automobile industry/strong- and understandably so. Never before was there a car with a tag of $ 2500. TATA’s have done it !
And the pride that the nation feels is best captured by the fact that even my grandma knew about the Nano- though she thought the name was “Naina” the reporter got it wrong !
Some one asked me whats the BIG deal about Nano- apart from the fact that its the “cheapest” car around. There are so many other models just launched by probably better established players. The answer lies in the fact that probably this will be the only launch this year- which will add to the demand in the market. The others variants have just given more options to the same set of car buyers, but the Nano- will open whole new segments in the car market.
– ET/Crisil says that Nano corresponds to a 65% increase in # of households that can afford a car
– Autorickshaws want to migrate to Nano- Is that why Bajaj motors is reacting the way it is. Will govt allow the 3 wheeler license to hold good for Nano also?
– Second hand car sales had already started slipping when TATA’s had announced that their 1 Lakh car was soon to be launched. Will this mean that you should have sold your Santro a few months ago?
– Will the biking segment(currently estimated at 50 million) upgrade themselves to Nano- if yes- this could be the growth engine for Indian Auto industry.
– And amongst all this domestic excitement, lets not forget the global footprint that TATAs TATA Motors has. The fact that NANO corresponds to all Intl safety/eco norms gives early indicators of the export-driven-growth plans at TATA Motors.
The next few months will be interesting to see how this pans out …